Download my FREE eBook. This is a MUST HAVE resource for anyone who is considering the freight broker industry (About 40 pgs, 19 Topics) Enter your email address and name for an immediate download.
Don’t Let the Little Details Defeat You
With nearly twenty years of freight broker training, I’ve had a good number of calls from brokers who need help but they don’t know who to rely upon and they don’t want the whole nine yards.
If this is you, AND, if you are relatively new – welcome aboard …
There are several general topics and issues that you may need help with and for each general topic there can be tons of more specific topics.
This is where I come in – an hourly mentoring service customized for YOU.
Here is a partial list of topics that you may be faced with:
- Whether to use accrual accounting or cash accounting
- Advance payments to Carrier – fuel advances
- Using agents as independent contractors
- Policy on making payments to Carriers
- Why a line of credit should be considered
- FMCSA basic scores – what do they mean to you?
- If you decide to use a website – what to do
- Broker-Agent commission split
- Broker-Carrier Agreement – what’s this for?
- Different methods for calculating rates
- Carrier confirmations
- Carrier searches – this is where your money is made
- Chart of Accounts
- The confirmation from Shippers – what to look for
- Your confirmation to Carriers – very essential
- Running credit checks on shippers
- Shipper and Carrier data bases
- Dispatching trucks
- Filing cargo claims – who is responsible for these?
- Invoicing to get your money quicker
- Keyword searches when seeking shippers and loads
- NAICS codes – how they can help
- Giving quotes – should you or should you not?
- Using factors – the pros and cons
- W-9 form – what to do with it
If you have questions about this mentoring service, call or email me.
Note: if interested, you must apply for this by completing an application. No exceptions. I have the right to refuse this mentoring service to anyone for no reason at all.
Your cost: $250 for the first hour (minimum); $175 for each subsequent hour which must be ordered within 5 days of the initial meeting. You’ll be invoiced AFTER I have your completed application AND if you are selected.
Additional costs will apply for research or sending additional information.
60-day full money back guarantee – no questions asked.
We’ll meet via telephone and perhaps Zoom as well. Call or email me if you have questions.
If you want to get a head start, download the application/questionnaire and email it back. Go here: